Recent Posts

skinnymeforever
on 3/10/11 5:36 am - AZ
Topic: RE: Sleeve Support?
Hi Nikki:

So, how's it going?  How much weight have you lost? What are you able to eat now?
skinnymeforever
on 3/10/11 5:34 am - AZ
Hi Debbie:

Did they give you a date yet? Once you get that date, time will slow down like a kid at Christmas. LOL.  I've been pretty good since surgery. Of course, it's only been 2 days.  No issues at all really.  I'm having trouble getting my water in because I have to sip it so slowly. Also, do not like the Isopure I got at Hi-Health and I need to get some protein in so that's my current delimma.  A tip: shop around for a protein drink you can stand then you'll have ti taken care of before.

Jerri
skinnymeforever
on 3/10/11 5:25 am - AZ
Topic: RE: I'm a post now instead of a pre (surgery that is)

Hi Kellykelly:

So - how are you doing?  How much have you lost since your surgery?   Do you have a better variety of choices now to eat?  What was the post-op seminar like? What meal did they give you? LOL, I'm just full of questions.

kellykelly
on 3/10/11 5:08 am
Topic: RE: I'm a post now instead of a pre (surgery that is)
Congrats and welcome to the losers bench.  I had Dr. Blackstone also and she did a wonderful job.  I had very little pain in the hospital or at home.  I think the gas was what I suffered with the most!  By next week you will be so sick of broth and jello that you won't have any problem making a food choice.  Besides, your choices are so limited it won't be that much of a decision to make.

Good luck on your journey.

Kelly
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wa0F1DF/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wa0F1DF/weight.png" _fcksavedurl=" >http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wa0F1DF/weight.png">>
skinnymeforever
on 3/9/11 10:47 pm - AZ
Topic: I'm a post now instead of a pre (surgery that is)

Had my surgery Tuesday, March 8th and got home Wednesday evening.  Dr. Blackstone said everything went great. No drain, naseau, or anything.  I've had very little pain.  I made the mistake of letting the pain get on top of me at the hospital because I didn't like the liquid lorotab.  So, instead of asking them to order a tablet and pill spit it in half, I just went back to bed. This was a mistake that I paid dearly for.  That much pain cut into my walking and sipping time (very important).  It's really hard to get that much water in when you have to take small sips and take time in between sips. After I got control of the pain, the SPA lady showed up and gave me a great facial and massage. That made everything all better.

I'm feeling good today, just one and a half days post surgery. Of course still doing clear liquids.  I think it may get a little more difficult when I have to start making food choices next week.  Good luck to you all.  So far, really, easy time.

DebbieB1
on 3/9/11 1:35 am - AZ

I just got my approval from the insurance company yesterday.  I am so excited!  How have you been doing since the surgery.  I would love to hear all about it.

Debbie

DebbieB1
on 3/9/11 1:28 am - AZ
Hi.  I was just approved for my sleeve.  I am waiting for Dr. Blackstones office to call me to schedule.  I am down in Yuma and will be unable to attend support groups there but hopefully I will find one here in Yuma.  How are you doing.  I would love to hear what you have been though so far.

Debbie
dmk22498
on 3/8/11 9:53 am - tempe, AZ
Topic: RE: For AZ patients with AHCCCS
Hello,
I have mercycare(AHCCCS).  My surgery was covered 100%. If you or anyone you know is considering WLS it would be wise to get the ball rolling asap. There is a good chance WLS will be excluded this oct.

furiosmommy
on 3/8/11 4:46 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, I live in North Phoenix and had my sleeve done on Jan. 4th this year. Good luck with your surgery!

~ Nikki ~  Loving my rad new life!
VSG 1/4/2011

Lost 150lbs, gained back 50lbs.

Back on track and hope to

compete as a Powerlifter soon!!

motorhomemama
on 3/7/11 9:15 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Topic: RE: Support System
Thanks , I will take a look at that.

I will be leaving for Canada on April4 and not bac****il Oct ober but we can keep in touch through this site and e-mail if you like.
Glad you found an exercise group it really helps.
Saw the doctor last week and he took a bit out of my band ...it really has made me feel better, no more heartburn!!

Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Most Active